Liquid with an available chlorine of 15% m/v (as Cl2)
Properties and Applications
Sodium hypochlorite is a clear pale greenish yellow solution produced by a carefully controlled reaction of chlorine and membrane caustic soda lye.
(Cl2 + 2NaOH = NaOCl + NaCl + H2O)
- Household bleach and sanitiser
- Sanitising agent in industrial, institutional, farming and domestic formulated cleaners
- Bleaching agent in pulp and paper industry
|Specific gravity at 20°C||1,23 minimum|
|Available chlorine when dispatched as Cl2||15% m/v minimum|
|Sodium hydroxide as NaOH||1,5% m/v minimum|
AIHA recommends a threshold of 2 mg/m³. Under some circumstances, the exposure limits for chlorine may be applicable.
Sodium hypochlorite produced by NCP Chlorchem remains stable (under correct storage conditions – refer Product Guide).
- Bulk road tankers (10 / 18/ 24 ton deliveries).
- Flowbins (1 ton) can be filled but remains the property of the customer.