Coagulant – U6000 Series
The appearance of this product is a clear solution with a yellow to amber colour.
Properties and Applications
- Synthetic organic coagulant with molecular weights ranging between 10,000 and 100,000.
- Its performance characteristics, handling and dosing requirements and applications are similar to polyamines with the tendency not to be as effective under high turbidity conditions.
- In some raw waters it exhibits the ability to produce a larger floc size and hence better settling rate, although clarity may be compromised.
- Blends of commercially available synthetic organic coagulants utilising the theory that combining polymeric structures can produce a synergistic effect.
- In practise there are instances where these blends are found to produce better clarities and floc characteristics than the component products.
- Handling, dosing and applications are as for the component products.
|Appearance||Clear colourless/yellow liquid|
|Viscosity (cps)||500 – 1000 typically|
|SG||1.03 – 1.10 dependent on product|
|pH||5 – 7|
Irritating to skin, eyes and respiratory system.
Stable, but is a strong oxidizing agent. Will corrode iron, copper and aluminium.
Available on request.